Tayte Sabastien Allen Wolfe

Saturday, April 2, 2011

The New Mommy

Hi! My name is Amanda, and I am a new mother. First lets start by telling you that I had never planned on being a mother. I love children and have worked with them for a long time, but to have my own. No Thank you! Well that's what I thought until one special little guy came along. Tatye Sabastien Allen Wolfe was born on February 10th, 2011 at 10:26pm, he weighed 6lbs and 15Oz's and was 20 inches long, and boy has he changed my life. I had no idea what it would be like to have someone totally dependant on me day after day, 24/7. I didn't really read all the becoming a new mother books, sure I skimmed them, but I thought I knew everything I needed to since I had worked at a daycare since I was 19. Boy was I wrong! The first 2 weeks I feel like a panicked about everything! I'm sure I drove everyone crazy with the hormones too! To tell you the truth I have learned some things from this little guy. Things learned #1: If i scream loud enough and long enough some one else will get my food for me! Things learned #2: If I make a mess in my pants, and scream about it someone else will change me! Things learned #3: If I scream long enough someone will pick me up, and then i can spit up on them! Things learned #4: If I smile and coo, someone will buy me a toy! Well that's all I will post for now, and who knows where this blog will lead or what will be said, but for now I love being a mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Precious, Amanda! Thanks for sharing. Being a mom is not for the faint-hearted, that's for sure! Treasure every day.

    Looking forward to hearing all you have to say and watching your little guy grow.

    :)

    ReplyDelete